Family law legal services
What you need and what I can provide
What do you need help with?
Cohabitation agreement or a marriage contract (pre-nup)
Legal advice about separation or divorce (separation agreement)
Legal advice about collaborative law or collaborative process
Legal advice about mediation
Independent legal advice (ILA)
- Read this information about ILA before scheduling a consultation
Legal services that I do not provide
- Uncontested divorce (to terminate a marriage after legal issues are resolved)
- Arbitration cases
- Court cases (e.g. prepare court documents, attend court)
More information about my services
Virtual legal services
My focus is:
- Durham Region (Pickering, Ajax, Whitby, Oshawa, Port Perry, Bowmanville)
- Peterborough and Peterborough County
- the City of Kawartha Lakes
- Northumberland County (Cobourg and Port Hope)
As a virtual lawyer I can work with any Ontario resident.
Fees are charged at $400.00 per hour plus HST.
Total legal fees depend on a variety of factors, such as:
- Level of conflict between the parties
- The resolution method used to resolve the dispute
- Whether there are children involved (a parenting plan must be created)
- The nature and extent of the assets and debts
- The amount of financial information to exchange
- Number of issues in dispute
- Whether there are any unique legal issues
- For common law couples, whether property issues are in dispute
- Whether negotiations between the couple are amicable or challenging
Let’s have 15 minute phone conversation to see if we’re a good fit. I offer this free.
Alternatively, for a fee, I will provide a half an hour or one hour telephone or video consultation.
905 668 7704 (Whitby)
705 743 6093 (Peterborough)