By telephone or video
What to expect
I offer these options
- Free 15 minute telephone consultation
- 1/2 hour telephone or video consultation for $200.00 plus HST
- 1 hour telephone or video consultation for $400.00 plus HST
What you can expect at an initial consultation
- Complete a brief intake form online.
- Schedule a consultation through an online link.
- Choose a phone or video appointment.
- Pay for the consultation via a secure online link or by e-transfer.
15 minute consultation
- I will try to answer a few questions within the time allotted. I may be able to provide referrals if another lawyer is better suited to your case.
30 – 60 minute consultation
Here is what we will cover depending on the length of the consultation:
- About you: You will talk about your situation, your goals and concerns.
- Your priorities: You will let me know what your priorities are and what information you need out of this consultation.
- Legal advice: I will do my best to answer your legal questions.
- Resolution method: I will explain process options (the method to complete your case) including negotiation, collaborative law, mediation, mediation/arbitration and court. I will help you weigh the pros and cons of the process options to help you decide which option is best for you.
- Resources: I may refer you to resources that could be helpful to you.
- Future legal costs: I may be able to provide a rough estimate of future legal fees, but a lot will depend on which process option you and your spouse choose.
- I provide virtual legal services.
- I do not accept cases that involve arbitration or court.
- After the consultation my services end.
- If you would like to retain me for future legal services, then I require a signed retainer letter and a deposit towards future fees.
905 668 7704 (Whitby)
705 743 6093 (Peterborough)